[refpolicy] PyXML requirement for refpolicy

Nicolas Iooss nicolas.iooss at m4x.org
Thu Oct 30 22:05:03 UTC 2014

Hello,

Refpolicy INSTALL file says that PyXML is required for building [1].
However I haven't got this library on my system and things are working well
so I'm wondering what I am missing. A simple "git grep import" shows "from
xml.dom.minidom import parse, parseString" in support/sedoctool.py [2] but
the xml module has been part of Python since Python 2.0 (according to 2.6
doc [3]) so this is not PyXML. Moreover PyXML main page says this library
is no longer maintained [4].

Is PyXML still a requirement of refpolicy and if not, is it possible to
remove it from the INSTALL file?

My motivation behind these questions is that an Arch Linux user packaged
PyXML a few days ago [5], described it as "Python XML, Dependency for
selinux-refpolicy" [6] and is asking me whether I want to maintain the
package.

Cheers,

Nicolas

[1]