[refpolicy] Contributors?

Christopher J. PeBenito cpebenito at tresys.com
Fri Mar 14 10:49:46 EDT 2014

On 03/14/2014 10:29 AM, Shintaro Fujiwara wrote:
> I thought my patch was merged but my name was not in the Changelog in the latest version.
>
> Mine was too minor to be open to public?
>
> Thanks.

We're definitely not trying to avoid giving people credit for their contributions.  I generate the changelog by using 'git shortlog'.  If a patch is correctly sent via git format-patch and git send-email, I can apply it with git am, and the author will show up as you'd expect in the changelog (Like Dominick, Dan Walsh, and I do).  Showing up as the author in the changelog is another reason to submit patches this way.

If Dominick or I have to manually apply a patch, we will show up as the author.  We try to make sure the original author is mentioned in the commit message, but if we mistakenly forgot you, I apologize.

One thing you may be unaware of is that contrib now has its own changelog.  I will create a symlink in the policy root directory to the contrib changelog.  In the contrib changelog, I see that Dominick merged a patch from you that fixed a typo in ksmtuned_admin(); is this the patch you are referring to?