[refpolicy] RFC: direct_init_entry breaks direct_initrc

Dominick Grift dominick.grift at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 08:01:32 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 23:23 +0100, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 15:44 -0500, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> >
> > I think you may be able to drop the direct_run_init attribute and put the domtrans you added in the init_run_daemon() interface instead.
> >

> Right, i also got rid of direct_init because was a lose end as well
>
> It builds but still not actually tested
>
> Enclosed i another try:

Today i (pretty thoroughly) tested this patch to the extend possible on
Fedora 20, all tests i did ran 100 percent OK

I can't be sure though that i haven't over looked anything because
sometimes i have a hard time reading Fedora policy and understanding
some of the decisions made with regard to init.

I recorded the whole implementation and testing session for reference
purposes and sent it to youtube (the fedora patch i used is in the video
description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bIU_Ga3ss4

Might be an interesting video for people who want to learn more about
the work flow of testing modified fedora policy (or other packages)

I havent tested it on Debian yet but i am confident that this works