[refpolicy] authbind policy should be removed

Christopher J. PeBenito cpebenito at tresys.com
Tue Jan 14 08:41:32 EST 2014

On 01/14/14 06:15, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 21:52 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Dominick Grift <dominick.grift at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You do not have to install that module. If you don't want it then just
>>> remove it from your modules.conf, or do semodule -r authbind if its
>>> already installed.
>>
>> What is the point in having dead code in the repository?
>
> You have a point but it's not that compelling to me. There is plenty
> (what i would consider) dead policy in contrib and as long as its not in
> the way i personally do not really think it has much priority to remove
> it.
>
> With the base repository it is bit of a different story as far as i am
> concerned.

Looking at the policy, my guess is that its nowhere near working.  As Russell has pointed out, is been in existence for eons and hasn't improved.  Since no one seems to have any interest in using it and it's broken, I'm fine removing it.  It's still revision controlled, so if there is future interest, it can still be retrieved from the git history (not that there is much to the policy if it needs to be remade).