[refpolicy] Transition unconfined users to dpkg_t domain

Dominick Grift dominick.grift at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 14:19:26 EST 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 19:46 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:

> The set of changes you're referring to is not never-ending, and they're
> currently definitely not transparent.

I agree, Whether you transition to RPM domain or not, The files will
still be created with the right context because RPM uses libselinux for
that regardless. There is no reason to domain transition to
rpm_t/rpm_script_t because that domain is as unconfined as unconfined_t.

But even if RPM did not use libselinux and we would depend on
file/domain transition rules i would still not transition to RPM domain
because unconfined_t is supposed to be able to manage the whole system
via RPM or any other route.

So the madness of the never ending story of adding file transition rules
for unconfined_t applies regardless of whether you transition to RPM or
not.

I also agree with your transparency comment. I would not call programs
(having to) hard-code types transparent.