[refpolicy] kdialog and Chromium

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Jul 27 01:14:43 CDT 2012

Currently on Debian/Wheezy it's impossible to download files in Chromium when
you are running a KDE session.

Chromium launches kdialog to display the dialog box to ask where the file
should be saves.  kdialog wants to write to files such as
~/.kde/share/config/kdebugrc.lock which isn't permitted for mozilla_t.

One possibility that occurs to me is to have kdialog transition to user_t.
Transitioning from mozilla_t isn't generally a good thing, and breaks the case
of running mozilla_t from multiple user domains (multiple user domains is
essentially a broken feature of the policy anyway).

Apart from modifying kdialog to not depend on the ability to write to
kdebugrc.lock what can I do to solve this?