[refpolicy] [ irc patch 1/1] Extend the IRC domain to include IRSSI.

Christopher J. PeBenito cpebenito at tresys.com
Wed Jun 23 07:15:32 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 10:55 +0200, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On 06/22/2010 09:49 PM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
>
> Some more arguments:
>
> >> +## <desc>
> >> +##	<p>
> >> +##	Allow IRC Clients to connect to any TCP port,
> >> +##	and to bind TCP sockets to any unreserved port.
> >> +##	</p>
> >> +## </desc>
> >> +gen_tunable(irc_can_network, false)
> >
> > A more specific name would be better.  Maybe irc_full_networking or
> > something.
> >

> irc_full_network sounds consistent. qemu uses a similar boolean
> "qemu_full_network"

Thats fine.

> >> +type irc_etc_t;
> >> +files_config_file(irc_etc_t)
> >
> > Why is this necessary?  From what I can tell, irc_t only reads it.
> > Irc_t already can read etc_t files, so this seems unnecessary.
> >

> Few arguments here:
>
> 1. possible sensitive data.

Such as?

> 2. irc_admin()

I'm not really compelled by this.  I don't think regular apps have
admins.

> 3. mozilla also has a mozilla_etc_t and also has access to
> files_read_etc_files() afaik.

If anything, this just tells me that mozilla is wrong too.

> >>  optional_policy(`
> >> +	automount_dontaudit_getattr_tmp_dirs(irc_t)
> >> +')
> >> +
> >> +optional_policy(`
> >>  	nis_use_ypbind(irc_t)
> >>  ')
> >> +
> >> +optional_policy(`
> >> +	nscd_socket_use(irc_t)
> >> +')
> >
> > These two and the netlink_route socket earlier makes it look like its
> > going towards auth_use_nsswitch().
> >

> Mozilla also has "automount_dontaudit_getattr_tmp_dirs",
> "nscd_socket_use" and "... self:netlink_route_socket
> r_netlink_socket_perms;", but does NOT have auth_use_nsswitch().

I mean the nis_use_ypbind(), nscd_socket_use(), and netlink_route_socket
perms.  Mozilla does not have nis_use_ypbind(), so it doesn't seem to
need auth_use_nsswitch() yet.  Thats not the case here.