[refpolicy] bluetooth-applet not showing up in the panel

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 14:09:33 CST 2010

On 12/28/2010 11:23 AM, Chris Richards wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 10:39 AM, Dominick Grift wrote:
>>> yeah nothing is showing up in the logs i.g.
>>> /var/log/Xorg,messages,user.log, etc...(no audit daemon running), and
>>> semodule -DB has already been done)
>> strange indeed becuase if it works in permissive mode but not in
>> enforcing mode then i would suspect its selinux preventing access. In
>> that case avc denials *should* be visible. either in dmesg ,
>> /var/log/messages /var/log/xorg.log /var/log/audit/audit.log etc.
> It might be instructive to see if there are any denials when running in
> permissive mode.  I've encountered situations in the past where no
> denials would be reported when running enforcing (even with semodule
> -DB, other than the expected dontaudits, of course), yet when running in
> permissive mode, there would be denials out the wazzoo, even with apps
> that were supposedly not selinux-aware.
>
> Later,
> Chris

yeah those avc's can be little buggers if hidden away in some file
somewhere..I'll have a look again to make sure.. in the meantime
I am noticing in .xsession-errors in enforcing mode:

  cat .xsession-errors
/etc/gnome/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
/etc/gnome/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /usr/bin/ssh-agent --
ck-launch-session /usr/bin/startfluxbox

** (bluetooth-applet:2786): WARNING **: Could not open RFKILL control
device, please verify your installation
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings
will not be saved or shared with other applications.
tint2 : nb monitor 1, nb monitor used 1, nb desktop 4
tint2 : pixmap background detection failed
Error changing to home directory /root: Permission denied
Error changing to home directory /root: Permission denied
Error changing to home directory /root: Permission denied

the: Error changing to home directory /root: Permission denied
does not occur in permissive mode so maybe this is whats hitting and
causing the stuckage or something.. I'll need to look again at
everything to make sure I didnt forget a build flag or something

Justin P. Mattock