[refpolicy] bluetooth-applet not showing up in the panel

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 09:40:37 CST 2010

On 12/28/2010 04:34 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 06:59 AM, Dominick Grift wrote:
>>
>> On 12/28/2010 03:50 PM, Justin Mattock wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I've a strange issue over here, when enforcement mode
>>> bluetooth-applet will not
>>> show up, but after waking from suspend it does.. any ideas on
>>> what/where is causing
>>> this to do so?
>>
>> Judging from the .service files entries in the logs below i suspect you
>> are using Fedora rawhide here or a custom os based off of fedora rawhide?
>>

> neither.. just a from scratch system(used the guides here and there on
> packages, but mostly went my own way)
>
>> In either case you can probably do the usual troubleshooting to narrow
>> things down a bit:
>>
>> 1. is this issue even selinux related; e.g. does it work in permissive
>> mode.
>>

> works fine under permissive, as soon as enforcement the applet just
> doesnt show up(under ps aux, it is starting)but after waking from S2R
> the applet shows up(strange!!)

If it works fine in permissive mode but not in enforcing mode then it
looks like an SELinux policy issue:

Thus we need AVC denials to see where it is denied access to what it
needs to do. So look for AVC denials and if no AVC denials show up, then
run semodule -DB to remove the dontaudit rules and after that try to
reproduce this issue and check for AVC denials again. When done testing
rebuild the policy with dontaudit rules included by running semodule -B

Please enclose any AVC denials you are seeing that could be related to
your issue.