[refpolicy] after update with selinux userspace, and refpolicy cant login as my username and specified context.

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 14:17:32 CDT 2009

Justin Mattock wrote:
> just pulled userspace tools update, and
> refpolicy. seems I'm might be missing something
> new.
>
> id -Z shows
> user_u:user_r:user_t
>
> is there a boolean that I'm missing?
> (BTW I have namespace.so enabled)

So after getting some rest, and coming back to this
problem opening up gitk the first commit showing itself
seemed to be the problem somehow/someway:

Author: Chris PeBenito<cpebenito at tresys.com>   2009-10-23 08:20:07
Committer: Chris PeBenito<cpebenito at tresys.com>   2009-10-23 08:20:07
Parent: a1a45de06e41c529ad521058e438e20b5907cd45 (reorganize a92ee50)
Branches: master, remotes/origin/master
Follows: RELEASE_2_20090730
Precedes:

     Install the seusers file for monolithic policy.

when this commit is in the policy I get after logging in:
user_u:user_r:user_t
reverting this patch gives me
name:role_r:role_t

Wondering if Im doing something wrong with my build of
policy/users

gen_user(name, system_u, sysadm_r staff_r user_r, s0, s0 - mls_systemhigh, mcs_allcats)

Justin P. Mattock